Thursday, December 31, 2009

i bid 09 farewell...

Looking back at all that has happened this year, I'm really thankful to God for seeing me through 09'...and I know that I've changed for the better. Did a bit of reflection and here's what year 09' taught me:
  • Get real

When i was a kid, i had the wildest fantasies! Most were unrealistic...and watching those Disney fairytales had led me to believe that "life was a bed of roses". My happy childhood certainly didn't prove me wrong, or even my teenage life for the matter. Ok lah...i mean, i knew life ain't a bed of roses but yet, I really believed in happy endings. But for this year, I guess i grew out of that. A dear friend of mine pass away unexpectedly...and that woke me up to the reality of life. It also made me realise how important it actually is to show love and kindness to one another everyday of our lives.

  • Insecurity

I consider myself a highly insecure person. Someone who feeds on the comments of others and whose personality is shaped by people and circumstances. But I'm glad that I'm changing. It's one of my targets for 2010; to learn to secure myself in God.

  • Humility

I never really understood the meaning of humility and thought that it was simply being humble. But it's more than that...it's literally disregarding yourself. I used to take pride in myself a lot and trusted in my abilities. But after i started work and found out that i had problems even getting simple things done, I knew i had deceived myself big time. When things got bad, I came to the breaking point where I understood that I was nothing without God. Without Him, my life amounts to nothing. He is my Creator, and I have nothing to boast about myself. I didn't create myself, God did. And if there is anything i should be boasting about, it should be in God.

  • Moulding

One of my favorite characters in the Bible in Joseph. He endured much without complain and eventually, rose to power. The situations and circumstances that he went through, moulded him and prepared him for the day where he would rise to be a ruler in Egypt. In the past, I've always thought that things could be done instantly so long as I'm determined enough, and that if i wanted to change, I could. But i've learnt that moulding is a process, a long and tedious one; of which endurance is required. It's similar to running a marathon. Hence, I wanna let God mould me and shape me the way He desires, for I'm the clay and He is the Potter.

Good bye 2009!

No comments: