Monday, September 13, 2010

loneliness...

i guess i'm fortunate to say that there were only a handful of times that I've felt rather lonely.

moving into ntu has given me a lot of time for myself, which i lacked while working in tp. i was pretty much occupied with work, friends, family and i felt like i had a 'life' then; so to speak. But things has changed since i moved to the west.

i'm pretty much alone most of the time & the fact that i have only 13 hours of classes per week for this sem; seriously doesn't help. it kinda made me realize that i've this need to be occupied with something. this need probably developed while i was working. as a result, i'm battling with loneliness.

its times like this when i begin to understand that what i have now is most valuable... previously, by filling up my organizer, i perceived i was productive; felt a sense of accomplishment too. but what exactly have i accomplished or achieved? haha...i've got to seriously ask myself this question. with time now on my side, what should be done with it? what takes priority?

I thank God for being there for me always...I can never feel too lonely with Him by my side...and i know He'll guide me and see me through, for He is faithful!

I found this quote by a UN Official called Dag Hammarskjold, Swedish guy. It says:

“Pray that your loneliness may spur you into finding something to live for, great enough to die for.”


A great quote isn't it? I love it. I've already found that something. It's none other than God and our Lord Jesus Christ!

No comments: