Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Time to reflect>>>>

In this blog, I reflect a lot as you can see. Well, I learned that from a friend who felt that a day is wasted without reflecting and would ponder every night before sleeping on what took place during the day.

Just last Sunday at badminton, Trudy and I teamed up against my mom and auntie jade. And for each point that we lost, she would evaluate and tell me what the mistake was and how to overcome it. This went on for 3 games and I was thinking to myself, ' its oni a game wat, so what if we lose?'. Haha...it did not matter to me whether i won or lost...i was not gonna participate in some badminton tornament in the future anyway, so why take it seriously?

Well, i did not think much of it but today, Uncle Sam, one of our tutors was mentioning about how competitive the chinese from China were and quoted one incident where he happened to be challenging them to see whose paper planes could fly the furthest. He told us that they would actually evaluate each 'flight' to see how they can improve and what changes should be made in order for the plane to fly further.

My initial reaction was, :'My goodness, its just a game! Dun these ppl know how to enjoy at all?' Haha...but i started to ponder and came to a conclusion that, this is probably the kind of ppl that will see success in life. Cause they possess a learning attitude and constantly seek to improve themselves in every situation. They learn quick from their mistakes and determine not to make them again. Unfortunately, I'm not like that at all...my piano teacher had to keep circling the notes which i played wrong and still, I did not change and correct the mistake. Kinda stubborn rite?....haha...that's me and my 'can't be bothered' attitude.

Well, i've got to change and start to buck up. Potential is in each and everyone of us and i wanna maximise mine for God.

No comments: