Saturday, December 20, 2008

You're the air that I breathe>>>

Today Ps Yang spoke on an issue that I felt convicted of. Most of the time, we often use God's name anyhow without thinking, using God's name in vain...The most common, 'OMG' is used by lots of ppl today and it has become part of our language and vocabulary. But do we actually think of what we are saying? By doing that we're putting the name of the God who created the whole earth, the God who created the universe, the God who created you and me, behind an exclamation mark. I believe it is important for us to watch our tongue rather than just saying whatever we feel like saying. Talking nonsense is pointless. The mouth is the most powerful tool...it can build a person up or tear a person down. It can choose to speak life or death.
Our mouth expresses what is in our heart and so, I am determined to be careful with my words.
I was also convicted to avoid watching movies that curse, swear or joke using the name of Jesus. Why should I pay to watch ppl making fun of the Lord whom I love? Although that would mean most movies, so let it be then.
I learnt another thing during the sermon today. God has a name. We all have names right? We are not named 'human beings'. God's name is Yaweh. But the actual hebrew word as found in the old testement is Yhvh...(go check it out on the internet by typing yaweh) . It is pronounced as Yord-Hay-Vah-Hay. What does the name mean? Ancient writers of the past have attributed the pronounciation to the sound of breathing. Yord........Hay..........Vah......Hay........
Each time we breathe, we call out God's name!
Once a friend mentioned that: 'If life were a dance floor, God would be the DJ.' This is what the world is saying. However, I beg to differ....My reply to him was: ' God is the air I breathe!' God is our creator...the one who gave us life, without Him, what are we? The stars that twinkle, the birds that sings, the trees that sway, the waves that roar...all speak of how great God is. The way we were created cannot be more perfect...from the heart that pumps, to the smallest cell in our body. Even our very breath calls out His name! To God be the Glory!

No comments: