Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Well, so far things have been hectic, but i thank God that He is guiding me through. The day i came back, I saw for myself how my brothers have matured and started to take on more responsibilities. Haiz...they have left for nepal and will be gone 18 days...its gonna get kinda quiet in the house. After meeting with my bff yesterday, I could see that she has matured...from the way she speaks, I felt that she was no longer a over-sensitive gal anymore but has learnt to take many things in her stride. The gal i tuitioned previously has grown up too...no longer does she call me so many times a day and she starts to talk to me in a more 'grown up' manner, unlike her previously childish behaviour. Not to mention my parents...who were previously not ready to 'let me go', have now learnt to let me lead my own life, trusting that i can decide the path to take.



During this period, many things have changed...and for me, I have my heart-set on certain things:


1. I am not gonna mince my words anymore.
Many a times, I feel like a hyprocrite...saying things i dun mean just to pls people...telling them what they wish to hear. Well, i feel this is selfish of me...I dun have many frens and so, my mentality was this: 'In order to keep our friendship going, I dare not offend you for fear of losing you as a friend.' ... This should not be the case...If I truly care for you, I'll want the best for you...even if you dun like it. So, I will just tell you things straight to your face...it certainly beats backstabbing. To all my frens out there, pls understand this and trust that I care very much for you. Don't you ever doubt that...

2. I am gonna put those in need first.
Just heard from Pastor Daniel that when he tried to sent some of us to visit old folks home during this christmas season, its full house. Well, glad to know...but whatabout the other times of the year? Why do we only remember those in need during christmas? I'm guilty of that. I think for myself more than for others. So for this year's christmas, I want to bless the less fortunate first, then followed by my friends. So to those who feels offended by me not giving you a present, well...don't. You're all very blessed. there are others who need it more.
Haha...for me, I still feel its very hard to let go of all that has happened in Shanghai. I've learnt a lot and enjoyed myself so much there that it is now really hard to adapt back. It all seems like a dream and now, its time to wake up. I thank God for all that He has done for me and now, I wanna get back to serve him.

No comments: