Monday, October 6, 2008

Encounters of Shanghai...

Well, its time for a little reflection...especially after so many things has happened. Here in Shanghai, I have experienced things here on this trip that most people would not get to experience. When I was informed of the OSIP trip this year, i saw this as an opportunity of a lifetime. I felt that it was something not to be missed because we get to work in a different environment, with different people, away from the comfort of home. I was always more of a home girl, who would be more family oriented and 'ignorant' about most things that goes on in the life of a 21st century teenager. Well, I am certainly more 'knowledgable' as I have been exposed to a lot down here. (I really mean a lot!)


Anyway, I happily applied for OSIP... and I was rather excited when I was selected to go to Shanghai. But then, I could not stay excited for long...I was feeling rather discouraged at that point in time. We were all busy handling up our projects, rushing for datelines and afterwhich, preparing for exams and then we are leaving already. It was all to fast for me and I was not emotionally prepared. People also constantly question me : why i chose to go? Since the pay is low, I have to fork out $1000 (while my frens in singapore earns $1400 per month) and opportunities to go to China are always available. So why go now?... Not to mention, I have to spend my birthday here, give my mom and dad's birthday a miss, leave my dad and 3 young brothers behind for 2 weeks alone at home, leave my mom to handle all the household chores by herself and not being able to give my bros emotional support when they are facing their final streaming exams. haha...you can tell from the sound of that how family oriented i am by nature.


Anyway, so these were certain obstacles that I had to get over and I am happy its over. haha...but this really reminds me of a verse in the Bible: 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.' and when the Bible says all things, it means ALL THINGS! haha...that's it for now!

No comments: