Thursday, September 18, 2008

My 3 OSIP Friends.

Today, i decided to blog about the people who have been living with me under the same roof for the past 10 days in a foreign land. For starters, let me talkabout my room mate.

SiQian>>>>>

I previously thought she was the sort who leads a complicated life (as one who been through a lot of setbacks in life), rather quiet and would keep to herself most of the time but since day 1 till now, we have been chatting about almost anything under the sun. haha...ANYTHING!!! She is very open, honest, frank, easy-come-easy-go, ...and I admire her for that. I have been having a great time with her and she has shown me a lot about the world in which she lives in. What is that you may ask...the world of friends, world of image consciousness(dressing-up, make-up), the world of shopping and the world of clubbing. (so far, that's about it). I have also shown her the sort of lifestyle I live about being a Christian, being Family-Oriented and leading the simple life. Anyway, i am really glad to know such a person as open as her...she does not keep things to herself and just openly shares how she feels whereas for most of my other frens, i have to guess their current emotion by looking at their facial expression and then ensure that i say the right things so as not to hurt them. Well, i can get pretty tired of that and i am glad i dun have to be that way in-front of her.

Next up....SEAN>>>>>



Till now, I dun really know Sean as well as my other 2 frens as I did not manage to spend much time communicating with him. But one thing i know, i somehow feel i can count on him to help me in my time of need. He is more like a brother to me and i feel rather secure when i am around him. its just a feeling of which i can't really explain, maybe its because we have something in common, we are Christians and we both love God, wanting to accomplish His will for our lives. haha...hence, we lead rather similar lifestyles too! anyway, i like his way of fun...playing cards and soccer table. (He is a MANCHESTER FAN!!!) haha...this is wad i know about him so far and i hope to get chances to know him better...

And now...last but certainly not the least...my working partner...
Hongyi>>>>

My previous perception of him was more of someone who likes to 'play'....someone with a rather active social life and so far...i am right! haha...but i have also discovered the more serious side to him. He has more 'Substance' in him than what meets the eye...wad do i mean by substance? I mean things like being knowlegable, caring and having a certain level of maturity. haha...i have gotten to know him better and i am enjoying working together with him. i can almost say there is not a boring day with him around! he is like our big brother on this trip and takes good care of all of us. i have learnt a lot from his life experiences and i hope to gain more as i am rather ignorant...i am also glad that he is rather open so communication flows easy for us. so...that's 11 days of getting to know him as well.

Summary: Before coming to Shanghai, I was really worried what life was gonna become...i mean, i did not know all the 3 of them very well and naturally, i really dun know what to expect at all. but now, i am starting to wonder what the 4 of us will become when we return to Singapore...79 over days of bonding, staying together, hanging out together, playing together is a really long time. (longer than times spent with our family at home even, if we count by hours per day). we each have our own company of frens back home but how close will we bond? how far will our friendship go? hahaha...i guess i think too much but till now, i also wonder why the 4 of us were put together since we came from all different walks of life. haha...i dun think its a coincedence but rather, destiny, that we should learn from one another...haha...I love you all and I just wanna thank the 3 of you for making this trip a joyful and enjoyable one! May we never forget these special times we shared...


END>>>>

No comments: